"A Tale of Three Men" - By LMB
There were once three men that stood before their Creator and faced judgment according to their deeds. The Creator asked the first man " tell me why i shouldn't condemn you to eternal oblivion, what say you regarding your deeds done by thine own hands and by what words that went forth from thine own lips?"
The first man stepped forward eagerly to exonerate himself from a certain doom by saying "Creator, I am a very fortunate man, in that when evil came to lead me into darkness i refused to betray my fellow man. I was offered riches and fame for every person that I could persuade to do evil, yet I still refused. For that, evil exacted its wrath upon me to destroy me, that is why I stand before you now. My life was made hard, even the ones i sacrificed myself for turned on me, yet my strength has been to resist the evils that their actions was tempting me to do in return. I spoke love to those that hated me, I forgave those that tried to destroy me, I gave help, food and shelter to anyone that asked it of me. If knowledge was all i had to give? I gave it freely. I spoke truth in the face of lies. I resisted revenge and wrath, even when the things that they had done to me many would classify as justification for my revenge and wrath. Yet again? I refused. At the ridicule and my own humiliation before the world, i remained true to the loving spirit that you created me to be. I am ready to be judged my Creator."
The Creator listened and gave his confession great thought, then proceeded to say the following; "You may step back in line now, the judgement for your deeds are pending consideration. Will the next man step up and confess thy deeds?"
The second man, trembling to the point of barely standing... Stepped forth to humbly give his confession about his deeds, and what words that came forth from his own mouth. He confessed the following:
" Creator, I am a very rich man, and i do not belong here at this time. I made my riches by betraying all that I encountered, and profited greatly from the innocent. When evil tempted me with the promise of wealth and power, for the mere price of it being at the expense of all humanity, to save myself? I thought that this was a perfect deal and yet again a great opportunity for me. I enjoyed the finest things that money could buy, as I stepped over the hungry and homeless into my many corporations. I had the best pleasures any woman could give a man, while i gave them not one shred of integrity or not one ounce of love in return.
I broke up many homes and destroyed marriages by making the wives an offer that their husbands couldn't compete with, and if I wanted i even made their husbands my sex slaves too if the truth would be told for once in my life. I spoke lies instead of truth because it was more profitable. I spoke hatred for it won me favor among women that had no self esteem. I betrayed people, enslaved people taking advantage of them giving me the benefit of the doubt the first time, for i knew if they ever knew what I was truly about, I might not have gotten that second opportunity.
I encouraged service to self to a select few that wanted to become as wealthy as me and together we ruled earth. I had the best time of my life being rotten to everybody. I soothed my conscious and built my confidence with the profits from people's suffering and misery. Oh, please Creator show great mercy upon me, allow me to return to continue my legacy of generational evil. I am ready to be judged."
The Creator listened and gave his confession great thought, then proceeded to say the following; "You may step back in line now, the judgement for your deeds are pending consideration. Will the last man step up and confess thy deeds?"
The third man stepped up with confidence and declared the following:
"Creator, I have always tried to do the best that I can do by everybody. Have I been perfect? No. Have I always been loving? No. The one thing I have always been is absolutely is "honest" about all of my actions and words, whatever they have been. I loved those that loved me, and i damn sure hated those that hated me. I did whatever I had to do to take care of myself and my wife and kids.
I put nothing or no one before them, i begged, borrowed even stole to put food on our dinner table. In being the best provider i could be for my family, sometimes I had to do things that my wife wouldn't have understood, but i never betrayed anybody, i never forsake anybody that I loved and loved me. When evil made those incredible offers to cheat on my wife, abandon my kids, i told evil to go fuck himself!
Evil has used the few little things that it could use against me to cause me to be before you now. I was a very good man initially, but my heart grew cold and iced over from the disappointing things that people and situations have put me thru. So I really don't know how you feel about all of this? But you created me .. You brought me into existence.. I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for you thinking of me. So you left it up to me to figure out who I am.. And before you is the best that I could figure out and do in a world full of liars and con artist like this asshole right over here beside me...Creator I am ready. Judge me as you see fit."
This is how the testimony of these three men went as presented before The Creator.
Now imagine you, the reader of this story being in the position of The Creator... The power to grant immortality, or to exile into oblivion. Which man should continue to exist? Which man should be destroyed? Please state why? Go!

No comments:
Post a Comment