Sometimes when I
Wonder about this existence.
This inevitable obvious clash
Called resistance.
I mean imagine this
For instance.
Open your minds eye
To glimpse with.
I mean this is the ultimate
Epitome of a selfie.
Accept what ever you see.
As whatever that truth can be.
This consciousness
With a conscience.
That's conscious enough
To ask a question and call your bluff.
I mean I know what they say
About duality.
I just dare to ask and question
Who's reality?
So for instance upon this subject
I Ponder.
A focused mind can begin to wonder.
We know there's friends
And there's enemies.
Some are so clever we call them
Frenemies.
It's like this constant battle
Between these two sides.
It's like the instigators of war
Are the ones that never die.
As if this warring
Is infinite,
and we're all stuck
Within it.
It's like no matter how much you make
Somebody's gotta try and tax you.
No matter how peaceful you are
Some asshole's gotta attack you.
It's like I pack a gat
When I really shouldn't have to.
It's like winning a race
Then somebody tries to pass you.
You tell the truth?
Here's some prick trying to gas you.
You bought the biggest of peanuts
But no, she likes cashews!
You can be clear as a bell
Yet people will still mistake you.
You can love somebody till death
And they'll still find a way to hate you.
You can give your all and all
And that's supposed to mean something.
Yet in the end, they'll still say
You never did nothing.
With some I shared a lot of tears
And had a lot of good laughs.
Would've died for these people
Now? Just wanna put my foot in their ass.
I just don't understand
I guess I'm not from here.
I'll be glad when the day comes
That I know my work is done here.
I just want to find that calm
In the storm.
From all of this treachery that's
Accepted as the norm.
I have to sit down
When I think of it.
How they seem to love it
Makes me sick to my Damn stomach.
It's like I'm starring in a dream.
But the devils got a role in it.
A positive bubble to escape in
Until reality kicks hole in it.
I begin to fall hard
Hit the ground and brush myself off.
Manage to get to my feet
But there's blood in my cough.
It's ok because I been
here before.
Survived a few battles
Some say I've won wars.
I guess the peace
That I seek is just not down here.
I'll imagine a better world
You know my spirit
Will be found there.
LM Blair
No comments:
Post a Comment